Maryland State Highway Administration (MDSHA)
Project Location: Montgomery County, Md.
Contract: Deck Replacement for Bridge No. 15139, “Ramp F” Over I-495
Project Supervisor: Joe Fonseca
Contract Value: $1,268,000
Completion Date: September 2012
Description of Work:
Anchor Construction was brought on by the MDSHA to replace the deck for bridge number 15139 on Ramp F over I-495 at the MD 650 (New Hampshire Ave.) interchange. An incentive/disincentive clause was included with the project, resulting in an award of six days of incentive.
Major work included:
- Deck removal
- Cast in place concrete deck replacement
- Extending of existing shear studs
- Replacement of the wing walls and end posts
- Repairing of a pier column
- Cleaning and painting the structure
- Paving of approximately 0.07 miles of approach roadway